Tuesday, September 20, 2011

An interview with Jon Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi fans can not mistake 100 million

The idea with singer Jon Bon Jovi. Jon continued to raise the ante with his label, and finally decided to have four CD set of essentially new material. Here we talk about the 20-anniversery project (100 million Bon Jovi fans can not be wrong) and the only things that make Bon Jovi.

100,000,000 Bon Jovi fans can not be wrong was published November 16, 2004

Japanese Rock Band

Steven:

If it starts as a simple one or two CDs to grow and then just started?

Jon:

II did not know what would have to be honest with you. It 'was dependent on what the record company would allow and what kind of package you want to do it. So brutally honest with you, was dependent on what they were willing to pay. E 'come down to what you sell it for, and there was this whole debate [on]. They were fresh. At first they were like "Well, we put a 24-song, 'and I said," Wait, this is not a field for me, consists of two records. "And thenThey said, 'Well, what do you do? "And I said, 'Well, how' attack 50 songs and said, 'OK, we'll do it?".

Steven:

If he had a lot of shuffling and re-mastering to do?

Jon:

No. 40 of these songs, no one in the world has ever heard. Forty. And the other ten are rare soundtracks and things that people wanted us to solve and we have not had the vehicle. How about a song called "Edge Of A 'Broken Heart, which was a favorite of fansSlippery When Wet age, which was on a soundtrack for a film called The disorder lies. And this was an opportunity to let go eventually. So, that was like an easy solution. Things like that.

Steven:

Jon, do not listen to the recording, I can choose at random a few titles here and are you talking about?

Jon:

I think it would be better for me to tell you a couple of songs, because they did not hear them. You know what I mean? It would be a better story. There is afew things on the first CD, but there is a "Why are not you dead?" Certainly it would be called a fan favorite, and it was during the period between '90 and '92, we wrote, with songs written in the past as "Bad Medicine" and "You Give Love A Bad Name ', so we have that how this type of writing the language in cheek, nice vocals.

When we tried to do it because we like when we did, what has made him keep the faith, no, not real. We knew it was time to go, soThis is the classic case of this is the One That Got Away. So, people who are big fans of this era of the band were listening to them and go, "Yes, this is what I love." So this is a good example.

"Miss Fourth of July" is a big one. That and a song called "Only in my dreams', who sang Tico [Torres], greatly influenced [I] Tom Waits in my time. Tom was such an influence on me in the great ballads that he writes the lyrics and the vision of 'together. And I wrote songs like' Bedof the Roses "because of Tom, but as I stroked his songs like this, they made it. But '... July 4," which is really a good song, something that probably sing like Don Henley talks really for the loss of innocence and youth and to feel at this point in my career, I was really what the music business has become dis-elections.

Steven:

Speaking to determine down the line, if you try, what songs will eventually make its way to aCD, try to determine what makes the work song, sharp text and ...

Jon:

That record when you consider that for me, a record, something about who you are, at this point in your life, and he did not say repetitive and then, finally, that has continuity in recording it, a beginning, a middle and an end . You can not have two songs that are a 6 / 8 waltz, the Tom Waits influence things. You can then moveare not violated and that.

Steven:

As there was the sequencing of the material and re-listening to this music, you could hear a growth in songwriting and his profile as a musician?

Jon:

Oh, sure. I think we got better with time, but this is subjective, I think. It depends on who you ask and how the song touches people. You know, you get a song like 'It My Life "and moves the masses, you get a song like" Everyday "They think it's the end all, beall, and not a hit single called, not that I do not like as well. So, I want to judge everything from hit singles? No, it's a difficult question to answer. I think we got better, we are sure we can meet diversified. We are not even write "You Give Love A Bad Name '20 years later, or try to. Say so.

Steven:

What is your relationship with Ritchie as a guitarist? How do you explain?

Jon:

Ritchie is twentySometimes the guitar, I'll never be. I play guitar as good as a songwriter, to be honest with you. You know what I mean? Jeff Beck do nuttin 'on me. Wanted is the truth of the matter, what I was doing with the guitar and write songs as I was taught to play. It was not a boy imitating hot solos, was' What was the chord progression? "And" What is the reverse? "That stuff is never really ends, you never stop learning.

They havetruly feel humiliated about this new studio album by John Shanks, who I think will surprise a lot of new people. Because he and Richie just went crazy with things like tuning guitars and other instruments and it was really fun to watch. They know when and when not to play in, but the guys who are great.

It [the record] sounds like us, but it is very modern. It 'hard to describe what it is, but it's pretty rockin,' And you know that I can say there is one song that one ofslow song on the album. The song is called "These Open Arms", but that is, man. This is a rock album.

Steven:

Did you just say what the new record, it appears that you have the time and a modern touch. How has the ability to change constantly, without ever losing the basic integrity?

Jon:

When grunge came along, we did not like us, from Seattle, we do not rap if you add a scratch. And a lot of times, guys are actually guilty of the thingsjump on the moving train. Even the great Stevie Tyler was out there to sing with Britney Spears and 'N' Sync [during the ceremonies the first time a game of Super Bowl]. I would not have done. Many of my colleagues suddenly in '92 fake from Seattle and has something dark and pretend 'they were not. Oh, how I Gwen Stefani, if I dig belongs puttin 'a rapper in the middle of the plate, I went,' Oh, that's another thing. "This is not for me, I'm not doing 'it. Weremained true to who we were, we were with what we did.

Whether we like it or not, and believe me, there are people on both sides of the coin, the only thing I can say is that it is honest. And 'what it is, but at least you know what it is. It is not trying to be something that is not.

Steven:

So it was honestly a bit 'skeptical about the inclusion of Crush on the market?

Jon:

Not skeptical, I believed in him, but I did not know he was going to find a new generation of fans. This wasThe surprising thing is that this record is up to six years and sixty years. Everyone felt no reason to say: "No, it's my life." And of course everyone wants to be in control of their lives. I did not realize that when we wrote. When we wrote, I was selfish to think my film career. Like Frankie said: "I'll do it my way." Sinatra. I'm going to choose a president, I will make films, I'm going to make records, I have everything, I tell you what I do not want to hear,from me. And this was exactly what was that song and then you see with athletes, children singing, and all this great stuff happens. Who knows?

Steven:

And this brings us to the last question: you have all the money and prestige cars and never wanted anyone as the driving force?

Jon:

You know, I just like writin 'a song. This gives me great joy that the tour registration, and the second to the last. I get greatJoy out of it. We know who will be there forever and that is for me the greatest feeling of all.

Thanks for your time, you did a great job.

An interview with Jon Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi fans can not mistake 100 million

No comments:

Post a Comment